Safari Brand Stainless Steel Scissor Type Pet Nail Trimmer (2 Sizes) (61227/61228)Safari
If you're looking for a good toenail clipper for a large dog, or small dog, this is the right choice.
The Safari Stainless Steel dog nail trimmer is available in small and large sizes that are suited for small-to-medium breeds and medium-to-large breeds. It is the choice of veterinarians and groomers who insist on the finest.
For the folks who prefer to do their pet nail cutting at home, you can use the same tools that the professionals use!
This tool won't need sharpenend out of the box and comes ready to trim any of your pets nails. We reccommend also buying some stypic powder, which quickly stops any bleeding that sometimes happens when grooming.
- Small-Medium dog nail trimmer (product number: 61227) is 5" long, with a 0.5" cutting surface on blade: perfect for Small to Medium sized breeds
- Medium-Large dog nail trimmer (product number: 61228) is 7" long, with a 0.75" cutting surface on the blade: this trimmer can deal with even the largest breeds
- Plier-style cutter with a tension spring ensures a quick and easy cut
- Features built-in Safety Stop guard to prevent overcutting of your pet's nails
- Made from high quality stainless steel for a sharp, long-lasting cutting edge.
- Features a double-bladed guillotine style cutter with a tension spring that helps ensure a swift clean cut. This makes nail trimming less like a chore and is great for left or right hand use.
- Grippy plastic-covered handle makes sure the tool doesn't move around in your hand, even if your dog gets squirmy
- Locking mechanism ensures the safe storage of the nail clipper
- Perfect solution for clipping your pet's nails easily and painlessly, for your pet and you
Hold pet's paw securely with one hand and clip with the other. Cut in one smooth stroke.
If your pet's nails are extremely long trim just a small amount and repeat in 10 days. Avoid cutting off large amounts at one time.
Cutting the nails immediately after bathing will make it easier to see the quick and easier to cut.
Applying baby oil will serve the same purpose. Avoiding cutting off too much at one time.
If pet's nails are very long, cut off a small amount and wait about a week to 10 days until nails are at desired length.
Monitor the nail length and monthly trimming should be sufficient thereafter.